How your podiatrists in Bellefontaine and Springfield, OH, can help with foot and ankle pain
If you are struggling with foot and ankle pain, you already know how it can impact your life. It can make it hard to get through your daily activities. Foot and ankle pain can even make it difficult to stand and walk around. It can impact your ability to work, and it can keep you from enjoying your life.
The good news is, your podiatrist can help you feel better. The podiatrists at Complete Foot & Ankle Specialists, Drs. Eric Anderson, Richard Jennings, and Melitta Simmons offer a wide range of foot and ankle medical care services, so you can get back to enjoying your day. They have two convenient office locations in Bellefontaine, and Springfield, OH, to help you.
There are many reasons why you have foot and ankle pain. The pain could be due to an injury from sports, an accident, or a sudden fall. Foot and ankle pain can range from mild to severe, intermittent to chronic, and everything in between.
You can try some easy home remedies to deal with mild foot and ankle pain. Consider:
- Placing ice on the affected area to reduce swelling
- Elevating your feet and ankles to give them a rest
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medications
If your foot and ankle pain is moderate to severe and doesn’t get better with simple remedies, it’s time to visit your foot and ankle pain specialist in Bellefontaine. Your podiatrist will do a thorough examination of your feet and ankles and may recommend x-rays and other imaging studies to help diagnose what is causing your foot and ankle pain. Depending on what is causing your pain, your podiatrist may recommend:
- A walking cast, crutches, or other devices to immobilize or help take the stress off of your feet and ankles
- Prescription-strength pain and anti-inflammatory medication
- Physical therapy and stretching to restore flexibility and range-of-motion
- Custom footwear and orthotics to reduce stress and maintain proper foot and ankle alignment
- Surgery for severe cases caused by torn ligaments or broken bones
Foot and ankle pain can make you miserable, but relief is just a phone call away. To find out more about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of foot and ankle pain, talk with Drs. Eric Anderson, Richard Jennings, and Melitta Simmons. Call the podiatrists at Complete Foot & Ankle Specialists. You can reach them in Bellefontaine, OH, at (937) 599-3668, or in Springfield, OH, at (937) 322-3346, so call today!